Police Test Tutor has been preparing police, Canada Border Services, Corrections Canada and Canadian Forces applicants since 2014. Originally we conducted in-person group tutoring sessions. Our customers requested an online learning platform so that they could learn during their own time.Our police, Canada Border Services, Corrections Canada and Canadian Forces test tutoring material has been tested and it works! We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and our clients have exceptionally high success rates.
Our team of specialists have experience in policing, border services, municipal law enforcement, adult education and our math is developed by Ontario Certified Teachers.
We can answer any questions that you have about police testing and the hiring process.
Our Career Development Practitioner (Certified Resume Strategist, Certified Career Strategist, Certified Interview Strategist & Certified Employment Strategist) will assist you with your cover letter, resume and career planning.
Police Test Tutor assists you by providing an encouraging and constructive learning experience for those interested in applying to become a Police Officer, Border Services Officer, member of the Canadian Forces or Correctional Officer in Canada. Our strategically designed practice tests and tutoring material will nurture a meaningful education experience for you.
Meet the Team
Director: Amy Bjerknes
Amy is the founder of Police Test Tutor and is passionate about police education and helping others achieve career success. Amy has 12 years of experience as a police constable with a municipal police service in Ontario and three years of experience as a Border Services Officer. She holds a Bachelor of Applied Arts Degree (with distinction) in Justice Studies from the University of Guelph and a diploma in Behavioural Science Technology from St. Lawrence College. She is a professor is a Police Foundations program in Ontario.
Amy is a Career Development Practitioner with the Career Professionals of Canada, holding the following certifications: Resume Strategist, Career Strategist, Interview Strategist and Employment Strategist. Notably, in 2017 she was nominated for the national level award.
- “Career Professionals of Canada’s Awards of Excellence program recognizes members of our community for their outstanding performance and contributions. Amy has been nominated for the Outstanding Career Professional Award of Excellence. . This award recognizes outstanding achievements from a practitioner supporting clients in the Canadian career community. Amy has been instrumental in helping people obtain employment in areas of policing, Corrections, Border Services and other law enforcement-related fields across Canada.”
Author: Melissa Taaffe
Melissa has 14 years of experience as an emergency dispatcher with fire and paramedic services in Ontario. Melissa is the co-author of the "911 Dispatch Pre-employment" and "Firefighter Preparation" packages. Melissa has earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Western University, as well as a post-graduate certificates in Writing from Western University, and Teaching & Training Adults from Durham College. Melissa is currently a professor in a 911 Emergency & Call Centre Communicaitons program at a college in Ontario.
Canadian Scholars' Press Inc.
Testimonials - also visit Better Business Bureau
"I started using Police Test Tutor in the fall of 2015. I had gone through few interviews with police agencies before using Police Test Tutor. However, I felt more prepared for my most recent Regular Member Selection Interview with the ***** after using the website.
The staff at policetesttutor are very professional as they took the time going through everything with me. PoliceTestTutors pointed out ways I can reduce jargon in my S.T.A.R. format answers by examining different personal experiences that would reflect the duties of policing. I appreciate the help they provided me. As a result, I passed my interview with the *****. I would recommend the website to any classmate or friend seeking to pursue a career in policing."
- Gary W.
"I've always struggled with the math and the syllogism components of the PATI test. I've used other websites which cost much more, but they lack the tutor aspect that Police Test Tutor has. Each practice test has a practice and a tutoring mode. By choosing the tutoring mode it will show you the complete directions on how to get to the right answer. I Improved my grade by over 40% in under a month of using this website. Best decision I made and at a fraction of the price of other sites. The tutoring aspect of the site is what makes it so unique. Without this site I would not be able to achieve my OACP."
- Zach P.
"I want to thank you again for all of your help these last few months. I wouldn't have passed without your help."
- Caleb B. (obtained OACP certificate)
"After looking up some of the math needed to pass the ATS testing, I was feeling overwhelmed. I'm an "I hate math" type of person, and I can assure you, I passed high school math by the skin of my teeth. After finding Police Test Tutor and completing the practice tests and tutoring material my worries were eased. The simple methods taught by Police Test Tutor, gave me the confidence I was lacking to pass. If you are at all considering using Police Test Tutor to help you, stop hesitating and sign up now! I passed the ATS testing the first time writing and I owe everyone at Police Test Tutor a huge thank you. After passing my test I sent my cover letter and resume to Police Test Tutor. The difference was amazing. Thanks Police Test Tutor, "
- Aaron C. (now a police officer in Ontario)
Police, Border Services & Corrections Hiring ProcessWe are a full service tutoring and resume writing agency. We will help you through the hiring process required to become a member of the Canadian Forces, a municipal police service, a provincial police service, or the federal police service (RCMP) within Canada.
Applicant Testing Services provides standardized testing processes for law enforcement and emergency services careers in Ontario. The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) has partnered with Applicant Testing Services Inc. to deliver the pre-interview testing phase of the Constable Selection System, a complete hiring process being used by the majority of Police Services in Ontario.
Pass the SPECIAL CONSTABLE test with us!
General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB)
- The GATB is a timed paper-and-pencil test , which takes approximately forty-five minutes to complete.
- Description: The GATB measures distinct aptitudes designed to assess the following
- General Learning Ability - The ability to "catch on" or understand instructions and underlying principles; the ability to reason and make judgments.
- Form Perception - The ability to perceive pertinent details in objects or in pictorial graphic material. Ability to make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures and width and length of lines.
- Clerical Perception - The ability to perceive pertinent detail in verbal or tabular material. Ability to observe differences in copy, to proofread words and numbers, and to avoid perceptual errors in arithmetic computation.
- The WPT is designed to directly measure the quality of a written composition based on a standard topic. A level of writing competency is expected when writing reports, briefs, notebooks etc.
- The achievement of acceptable writing scores is a matter of using the writing process as often as possible. Also the analysis of each writing opportunity is necessary to reflect on the process to further develop the ability to plan and write a passage. There are two major areas to consider when composing written material. One is the development of the composition that involves the focus, audience, vocabulary, style, support and coherence of the written work. Writing fluency is the other component. This includes correct use of sentences, grammar, punctuation and spelling. Further information about improving your writing ability can be researched at your local level, such as at high schools, education centres, libraries, book stores, and community colleges or universities.
- The WPT is a paper-and-pencil test (English language), which takes approximately 40 minutes to complete - 15 minutes for administration and 25 minutes for the test itself.
Pass the Ontario Provincial Corrections Test with us!
- If you meet the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services basic requirements of the correctional officer position, you will be invited to complete a series of ministry-administered written tests to determine whether you meet the aptitude, cognitive and behavioural requirements of the correctional officer position.
Pass the Alberta Police ACT & APCAT Tests with us!
- Alberta Police Services Hiring Process / Alberta Police Cognitive Ability Test - Applicants are required to successfully complete these tests prior to taking the Alberta Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police Officers (A-PREP). The ACT is designed to assess ability to communicate in writing and the APCAT is a job-related written examination. You can find more information with the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General.
Pass the Manitoba Police Test with us!
- Manitoba Police Exam - The purpose of the Manitoba Police Exam is to provide an assessment of a person's cognitive ability, specifically: Spatial Orientation, Spelling, Memorization, Mathematics, Syllogisms, Problem Solving and Vocabulary. When ready to write the real test, applicants will receive two books. Book 1 (note: there are no questions in this first book. You will be given 5 minutes to memorize the pictorial and textual material in this book. Applicants then receive book 2 and will be required to answer 80 questions in 80 minutes.
Pass the Ontario Police PATI, WCT & BPAD Tests with us!
- Ontario Police Services Hiring Process / Ontario Police Entry Tests - The Ontario police entry tests are part of the Constable Selection System (CSS) is an extensive set of tools used to regulate and asses the suitability of police constable applicants in Ontario. During the process applicants are required to complete two written tests (PATI - Police Analytical Thinking Inventory and the WCT - Written Communication Test. Applicants are also required to complete the BPAD video test. Applicants for the position of police constable must meet minimum requirements as outlined in the Police Services Act.
Pass the RCMP Tests!
- RCMP Hiring Process / RCMP Entry Tests - Applicants who successfully pass the initial screening process, but do not have a degree from a recognized university, will be provided with a registration link for the Entrance Exam – RCMP Police Aptitude Battery (RPAB). As of May 1, 2016, the RCMP Hiring Process has changed, read about the new changes here.
Pass the Vancouver Police Department VPD Tets with us!
- Vancouver Police Department Intake Exam (VPD) - The Vancouver Police Department Intake Examination assesses practical skill sets that police officers must use on a regular basis while performing their duties. The exam is divided into four sections and is three hours in length. The test is graded out of 105; a grade of 60% is required to pass. The four sections that will be assessed are: Memory and observation skills (20 marks), Writing and editing skills (40 marks), Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills (30 marks) and Summarizing skills (15 marks).
Pass the Canadian Forces CFAT test with us!
- Canadian Forces Hiring Process / Canadian Forces Aptitude Test - The initial step in the application process is to complete the online profile. This profile is an online version of an application form. Next, you will be required to complete the aptitude test (CFAT). The CFAT aptitude test is used to determine which military occupations are best suited for you. The function of the CFAT aptitude test is to evaluate your verbal, spatial and problem-solving skills.
CANADA BORDER SERVICES & CORRECTIONAL SERVICE CANADA
Pass the CBSA and Corrections GCT2 & WCPT Tests with us!
- GCT2 Test - The purpose of the General Competency Test: Level 2 (GCT2) is to assess an individual's general cognitive ability – the ability to use reasoning skills to solve problems required for officer level positions. The GCT2 consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. There are five types of questions (vocabulary, figural relations, number & letter series, numerical problems, and analytical reasoning. The GCT2 takes approximately 180 minutes to write, including time for administrative purposes. When the test is used for screening purposes, the minimum pass mark is 51/90.
- WCPT Test - The purpose of the Written Communication Proficiency Test is to provide an efficient assessment of an individual's ability to communicate in writing and help managers make selection decisions. It can be used to assess officer-level employees, managers or leaders whose position requires them to write clear and concise letters, memos, reports or other documents. The WCPT contains 50 questions and takes approximately 120 minutes to write, including time for administrative purposes.