About Amy Watt
Gain an advantage with specialized interview coaching. Amy is an award-winning Career Development Practitioner, who was selected as the 2019 leading interview strategist in Canada. She is passionate about police education and helping others achieve career success. Amy has 12 years of experience as a police constable with a municipal police service in Ontario and three years of experience as a Border Services Officer. She holds a Bachelor of Applied Arts Degree (with distinction) in Justice Studies from the University of Guelph and a diploma in Behavioural Science Technology from St. Lawrence College. As well, she is a professor in a Police Foundations program in Ontario.
Amy holds the following certifications: Resume Strategist, Career Strategist, Interview Strategist and Employment Strategist. She is the recipient of the following awards and nominations:
- 2019 - Outstanding Employment Interview Strategist Winner
- 2018 - Outstanding Career Professional Award Winner
- 2018 - Outstanding Employment Interview Strategist Nominee
- 2017 - Outstanding Career Professional Award Nominee
Why is having an interview coach important? - Read more here.
Read Better Business Bureau customer reviews here.
The coaching is conducted over the phone, and it will be tailored to the agency/police service that you are interviewing with.
Benefits of coaching include
- Obtain guidance on how to answer behavioural interview questions.
- Learn how to structure your answers using the award-winning methodology, which more in-depth than the simple STAR.
- Hear potential interview questions in advance.
- Gain assistance identifying situations in your work, volunteer, and personal life.
- Learn how to articulate your answers effectively.
- In our work together, I uncover your strengths, help you overcome challenges, and then help you effectively communicate them when answering questions.
How much coaching is recommended?
As a minimum, 3 hours of coaching.
Can I have more than 3 hours of coaching?
This is a personal determination; as a minimum, I recommend 3 hours of coaching.
Extra coaching is $90 per hour.
Do I complete all 3 hours in one session?
The coaching can be broken down into 2 x 1.5-hour sessions or 3 x 1-hour sessions.
Will I receive material in advance?
Yes. The material will be emailed to you prior to the coaching session. The coaching is tailored for each candidate, and it is not a "cookie-cutter" approach.
What type of material will I receive?
You will receive a worksheet for notes and my award-winning methodology for constructing answers.
Can I have coaching sessions during evening and weekend hours?
Yes! Coaching sessions are available during the day, evening, and on weekends.
Can you guarantee that I will get hired?
There are many variables and therefore, no interview service can guarantee that you will secure a job offer. What I can guarantee is that I am committed to working with my clients to improve their interview skills and therefore improve their chance of being selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
How can I register for coaching?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the date of your interview and the agency/police service. A list of available dates and times will be provided.
How soon will I receive a response to my request for coaching?
I appreciate that time is of the essence and usually respond to emails for coaching within a few hours or less!
3 Hours of Interview Coaching is $289
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include the date of your interview and the agency/police service.
- A list of available dates and times will be provided.