1. The term “personal information” has the meaning approved to it under Part I of the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”). Where a province or territory has enacted legislation that is substantially similar to Part I of PIPEDA, such as Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act, British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act, or Quebec’s Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, and that statute has relevance to your personal information that Police Test Tutor collects, stores, uses or discloses, then the term “personal information” has the meaning approved to it in that legislation.
3. Police Test Tutor does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
4. Police Test Tutor will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide.
6. If you contact Police Test Tutor, a record may be kept of the correspondence; however, Police Test Tutor will not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to your communication, unless consent has separately been obtained for such other use.
7. Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a fashion that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information;
8. The type of personal information that is protected includes almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as the individual’s name, address, telephone number, age, sex, marital status and nationality.
9. Fundamental principles apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Noteworthy, your personal information usually cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. You are permitted to inquiry about why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. Safeguards are in place to secure your personal information.
11. Police Test Tutor may, from time to time, ask you to provide information about yourself to assist in meeting your needs.
12. You will always know when Police Test Tutor is collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
13. Personal information collected by Police Test Tutor is primarily used for the purpose of:
(a) identifying you as a user of one or more of the Police Test Tutor Sites;
(b) updating you about the Sites and other products and services of Police Test Tutor by marketing, recommending or providing products or services, including administering surveys and contests;
(c) understanding the ways in which Police Test Tutor can improve its products and services;
(d) answering your questions and providing you with products and services that you have requested;
(e) determining appropriate new features, content or services for the Sites as well as other products and services of Police Test Tutor, including through the use of market research and surveys;
(f) processing payments where applicable;
(g) meeting any legal, regulatory, processing or security requirements that involve use or disclosure of your personal information; and
(h) such other purposes as are disclosed to you at the time that personal information is collected from you.
14. The way in which Police Test Tutor obtains your consent depends on the circumstances and the type of information collected. Express consent is generally obtained when the personal information is likely to be considered sensitive. Consent may also be implied by the circumstances. For example, when Police Test Tutor receives personal information from you that enables Police Test to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow Police Test Tutor to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner (for example developing a cover letter and/or resume) would be implied.
15. Police Test Tutor may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is
16. Police Test Tutor may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing Police Test Tutor, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, if required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, Police Test Tutor will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
17. Police Test Tutor will generally obtain your consent electronically on the applicable Site. However, it may also be obtained in writing or verbally. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Police Test Tutor will consider the sensitivity of and reasonable expectations regarding the personal information.
18. You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Police Test Tutor at any time by emailing email@example.com but such a request would be subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Police Test Tutor would also require reasonable advance notice to effect any requested changes. A request that Police Test Tutor no longer collect or use your personal information may mean that Police Test Tutor will no longer have practical means to provide you with certain services or products. You may no longer be able to log in to a Site or may lose certain functionality when visiting a Site, including functionality.
19. Your consent to Police Test Tutor's collection, storage, use or disclosure of your personal information remains valid even after the termination of Police Test Tutor's relationship with you, unless you provide Police Test Tutor with written notice that such consent is withdrawn.
20. All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
21. All credit card transactions are completed using secure electronic encryption. Credit card and other personal information may be transmitted to third party data processing companies or servers.
23. You are responsible for advising Police Test Tutor of any inaccuracies or changes to your personal information.
24. Where Police Test Tutor considers it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that Police Test Tutor collects, uses or discloses, Police Test Tutor uses encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in.
25. Police Test Tutor's service providers and agents are required to maintain client confidentiality and may not use or disclose any information provided to them by Police Test Tutorfor any unauthorized purpose.
30. If you contact Police Test Tutor by telephone, please note that telephone calls may be recorded for training or quality assurance purposes.